Top 9 Best Pre Workout Supplements 2019 Reviews
If you have been reading me for a while you know my thoughts on pre-workout supplements. I usually make my own pre-workout supplement shake. Sometimes I just throw the coffee in my protein shakes and head to the gym. Other days I’d have carrot and beetroot juice.
I am very flexible with my approach. You don’t necessarily need all the ingredients in all the supplements to build that physique up. Heavy lifting, whole foods, and discipline is what you really need.
Of all the supplements, pre-workouts have the widest variety of ingredients, and effects — which makes it hard to find the best pre-workout for your needs.
A good pre-workout, in my opinion, contain ingredients that:
- Improve performance during the workout
- Improve your mood and increase your focus
- Increase strength and stamina
- Enhanced nutrient delivery and absorption through improved blood flow
- Burn more fat
- Heightened sense of focus
I would never recommend a preworkout supplement to a weekend warrior.
If you have your diet right. You train like a beast. You know how to contract your muscles and want to take your game to next level you’d definitely benefit from few of the preworkout supplements that I am listing below.
TOP 9 BEST PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT REVIEWS 2019
If you are looking for a pre-workout supplement that not only improves your performance but also helps you build muscle look no further than Animal M-Stak from Universal Nutrition.
Animal M-Stak has been marketed as a classic non-hormonal anabolic pack that aids in nutrient partitioning and for protein synthesis through higher nitrogen retention.
It greatly improves your performance and strength levels. I wonder why it has never been marketed for being a bad-ass preworkout. I stacked it with creatine (5 days of loading) and experienced significant improvements in my lifts from week 2.
Directions For Use: Take one pak every day for 21 consecutive days. On training days, take pak 45 minutes prior to exercise. On non-training days, take pak in the morning or early afternoon. Cycle product for maximum results: three weeks on and one week off.
I usually took it 45-50 minutes after breakfast and about 20 minutes before my training. The red pill is the energy complex.
Animal M-Stak is the best pre-workout supplement if you have reached a plateau.
- Solid strength gains
- Maintain muscle while cutting
- Help you lose fat
- Lots of capsules (8 per pack) to take per serving. Some people find it difficult to swallow. what to do? Take one pill at a time and then swallow. Until you learn to take several at a time.
- A little expensive
Check Animal M-Stak on Amazon click here
Animal Cuts is another great product from Universal nutrition. It’s a thermogenic weight loss supplement manufactured by Universal. It increases the body’s temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
Animal Cuts is designed to burn fat, increase energy and mental focus, shed excess water weight, preserve muscle and support thyroid function. Though used mostly for cutting fat it has all the necessary ingredients that improve your workouts.
- A lot of energy
- Includes thermogenic, metabolic, lipolytic, stimulant and diuretic compounds in one, single pack.
- Cortisol inhibitors that prevent muscle catabolism- Ashwagandha, Magnolia bark extract.
- 9 pills in each packet
Check Animal Cuts on Amazon click here
Dr. Jim Stoppani needs no introduction. He’s an expert and leading authority on exercise science, sports nutrition and supplementation. Jim has been known to completely dedicating himself in finding out how one can perform his best in the gym.
Pre JYM is built on solid science and decades of experience. One thing that makes Pre JYM unique and different from any of the products in the market is, it doesn’t use any proprietary blends. No fillers.
Just take a look at the supplement facts and you’ll see all the 13 ingredients in proper amounts that complement one another to prime the body for intense workouts.
- 6 grams of Citrulline Malate -The pumps are good
- 6 grams of BCAA
- 2 grams of Patented Creatine HCl that reduces stomach issues
- 600 milligrams of N-acetyl L-cysteine
- 5 milligrams of BioPerine® to enhance absorption of nutrients
- Slight post workout crash
- Might have to buy creatine separately for the loading phase
Check Pre JYM on Amazon click here
I was introduced to Vintage Blast form Old School Labs by my coach. While most pre-workout supplements are loaded with glorified stimulants that overload your central nervous system and gives you a temporary rush, followed by a crash.
Vintage Blast is a powerful two-stage all-natural nitric oxide elevating pre-workout supplement specifically formulated to deliver sustained energy, strength, endurance and pumps for the entire duration of your workout
The two-stage formula of Vintage Blast ensures a steadier delivery rate, which works against dependency, and helps you power through your workouts from start to finish.
- No jitters
- Clean energy
- Long term boost of endurance
- Moderate dose of caffeine
- Low dose of L-carnitine
Check Vintage Blast on Amazon click here
Legion supplements are free from artificial sweeteners and colors.
Ranked number 1 preworkout supplement on Labdoor. Legion supplements founded by Michael Matthews in response to what he saw as low-quality supplements and unnecessary additives in most of the products on the market.
This pre-workout supplement has a relatively high dose of everything be it caffeine 350 mg, 4.8g of beta-alanine that leaves you tingling everywhere, 8g of citrulline for a mind-blowing pump. But what’s cool about Legion Athletics Pulse is it includes a high dose of taurine and theanine as well, which are intended to reduce the jitters and lack of focus that can accompany a big caffeine hit.
- Stevia – naturally sweetened
- No fillers or junk
- Proper dosage of all the ingredients
- Creatine free preworkout supplement
Check Legion Athletics Pulse on Amazon click here
German American Technologies (GAT) has been around for about 20 years and sells a huge variety of bodybuilding products. Nitraflex is their best-known pre-workout, that helps in increased blood flow and nutrient delivery.
The ingredients are split into three blends
- Vasoactive Arginase-Regulating NO Precursor Complex – contains citrulline, citrulline malate, l-arginine malate, l-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG), resveratrol, and pterostilbene
- Acute Energy, Focus, Intensity, Neuromodulating, Endurance Complex – a combination of beta-alanine, caffeine, DMAE bitartrate, n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, theanine, and rauwolscine
- Testosterone-Enhancing Complex which is basically calcium fructopyranose borate (CFB)
- Solid dose of caffeine 325 mg
- Testosterone boosting complex
- Contains ingredients that boost endurance and focus
- Proprietary blend
- Artificial flavors
Check Gat Nitraflex on Amazon click here
7. Psychotic by Insane Labz
I usually don’t prefer buying blends but psychotic from Insane Labz here is an exception. Bought it after a few of my friends recommended it.
Damn, is this stuff still legal was my first question. Did some research and found that the sale of Psychotic is banned in Canada. Whatever! You can still buy it and it doesn’t kill you.
This stuff is some serious shit and it hits you hard. Very hard. It has some very strong stimulants and a high dose of caffeine(the dose hasn’t been mentioned but it thinks its 500mg).
I took 1/2 scoop the first day. The next day I took one full scoop. I had a great workout but experienced a significant crash that lasted 2-3 hours. I now take 3/4 scoop. And I feel great. Even if you are tolerant to stimulants I’d never suggest taking more than 3/4 of a scoop.
If you are already motivated. Psychotic gives you a serious kick to go beast mode in the gym.
- Focused formula – All ingredients work together in synergy
- Excellent boost of energy
- Perfect fat burner
- Prop. blend – some ingredients are overdosed while others are underdosed
- DMHA (dimethylhexylamine), a CNS stimulant
- Stimulant based can’t be used for a long-time
You can buy Psychotic on A1supplements.com
8. Methyldrene 25
Designed to melt fat and increase energy. Methyldrene 25 is one of the most effective fat burner available in the market. Though Ephedrine is a potent stimulant and a tightly controlled substance Cloma pharma found a way through it.
Ephedrine also acts as a mild brain stimulant. The boost that you get in energy is unlike any other fat burner available on the shelf. Methyldrene gives you clean energy. You will feel refreshed and energetic, all through your day.
I never experienced any nervousness or anxiety that comes from other stimulant based products.
How to Use Methyldrene 25 Diet Pill
As a pre-workout supplement take one pill 15-20 minutes before your workout. Methyldrene 25 diet pills are very effective and it is advised to never take more than the recommended dosage in a day. Drink plenty of water when using it and stay away from alcohol when using it.
- Promotes energy
- Helps increase metabolic rate
- Strong fat burner
- Elevates mood
- The body develops tolerance against Ephedra
You can buy Methyldrene 25 on Strongsupplementshop.com
MusclePharm Assault Black is one of the most researched pre-workout product on the market. MusclePharm sets the safety bar high so athletes know they’re supporting their workout with a great supplement that can be used for a long period of time.
It doesn’t hit you hard like any of the stimulant based formulas that I mentioned previously. Nor does it leave you hanging in between.
- A complete pre-workout for athletes
- Agmatine sulfate for better pumps
- Lactic acid buffer
- Too mild for those used to powerful energizers
Check MusclePharm Assault on Amazon click here
Choose your pre-workout carefully. There are literally hundreds of bad supplements in the market. Don’t be fooled by the marketing claims on the bottle. The advertisements are simply illusory. And the clinical studies are corporate funded.
Most of the pre-workout supplements do absolutely nothing because the compound inside does nothing or the serving size is small and the product is full of fillers.
Choose your pre-workout carefully. Read the label carefully and never take more than the recommended dosage.