The Perfect Homemade Pre-Workout Shake
There are several problems associated with commercial pre-workout supplements-
- Their labels are confusing
- They are pricey
- Contain proprietary blends (ingredients that we don’t know about)
- Contain ingredients that we don’t need
- Minute quantity of ingredients that we really need
Why you need a Perfect Homemade Pre-Workout Shake
A good pre-workout diet and a good pre-workout supplement can make all the difference in your workout. But why exactly do we need it?
- To delay fatigue
- For increased focus and endurance
- To maintain higher energy levels
- To help body burn fat for fuel
- For greater muscle protein synthesis
I didn’t want to settle for stimulants that wear off quickly. I wanted a greater ROI. And I wanted to be in full control of what I am putting inside my body.
So, after doing a lot of research and experimenting I settled on the most studied, researched and evidenced supplements.
Here’s how I make the Perfect Homemade Pre-Workout Shake
- Whey Protein Isolate – 1 scoop (chocolate)
- L-Citrulline – 6 gm
- Beta-Alanine – 2 gm
- Creatine – 5 gm
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate – 2 gm
- Ice cubes
- Make the coffee and let it cool off a bit – to the point where you can dip a finger in it.
- Mix all ingredients together in a shaker.
- Shake well; et voilà.
There’s no point to waste your money on pre-workout packed with all kinds of useless fluff when you can cut the price by half by planning your own pre-workout with the ingredients that you really need.
Boost your Workout with Caffeine
If you look into the nutritional information on the packaging of any pre-workout available in the market, you will notice caffeine being the major ingredient in all of them. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant, that improves your focus, mental alertness and endurance.
How much do you need? A single cup of coffee delivers close to 100-150mg of caffeine. Which is good enough to increase focus, delay fatigue and burn fat. Your body will get used to the stimulus (after a while), you might not get the kick you used to get, but it still gets the work done.
Boost your Workout with L-Carnitine
L-Carnitine aids in the transportation of long chain fatty acids into the mitochondria of cells where it results in oxidation of fat to produce energy. It acts as a potent fat burner by supporting the fat-burning process in the body.
PS-L-Carnitine is available in liquid/powder/capsule form. You can mix the powder in the shake or bolt down the capsule along with the shake.