Best Cardio Machine for Home Gym 2024
Cardio workouts are important for your body and health too. Admittedly, it’s not always possible to pass by the gym with crazy work schedules. Walking or jogging in the morning or evenings can also become boring.
Since the coronavirus pandemic, most people were forced to work from home.
We all know how it goes, right? You’re working in the bedroom, or you have a work desk, but then you remember you left some snacks in the kitchen. Yes, you may end up overeating and consequently adding a lot of weight.
We all want to flaunt well-toned bodies, well who wouldn’t? We want to pack our bags and head to the beach for some sunshine. But, what if, you’ll have added pounds of weight and you cannot even fit in your bikini or shorts? Well, no need to worry!
Apart from doing bodyweight workouts at home, having a piece of cardio machine can be a lifesaver. You get to avoid the hustle-bustle of the city traffic and it saves a lot of your time.
For me, cardio is a great time to listen to audiobooks!
In this guide, I’ve gathered some of the best cardio machines for your home gym.
I’ve explored the ins and outs of each equipment to help you choose the best for your cardio workouts at home.
I understand the fact that most homes have limited space, and therefore the machines listed here have put that into consideration.
But before we delve any deeper, let’s get to understand what cardio exercise is and why it’s important for your health.
What is Cardio Workout and its Benefits
During cardiovascular exercises, you move your legs, arms, and other large muscles rapidly. In the process, your heart rate increases, and you breathe in more oxygen.
Cardiovascular activities increase your blood flow and effectively deliver more oxygen and nutrients throughout your body, consequently giving you more energy.
Have you been feeling more fatigued lately, even after doing small tasks? Then, it’s time to try out some cardio exercises!
Cardiovascular or aerobic exercises are important to your body in the following ways.
- Helps you lose weight
- Improves your mood
- Relieves joint pains
- Lowers the risk of blood pressure and heart diseases
- Gives you better sleep
- Strengthens heart muscles
Now that we know the benefits of cardiovascular exercises, now it’s time to review the best cardio machine for your home gym in 2024.
Treadmills are a great way to lose weight fast as you tone your arm and leg muscles. The best thing about treadmills is that they give you the ability to change the inclination, speeds, and settings of your workout.
With a simple touch of a button, you can climb a steep hill right in your living room.
The Sole brand is hands down the best in the manufacture of treadmills based on quality and compactness. If you have a lot of weight, this isn’t one of the flimsy brands out there that can break down with weight. The machine can hold a weight limit of up to 375 pounds.
The other awesome aspect of the Sole Fitness F80 is the ability to fold away.
The manufacturers understand that not everyone has enough space in their homes to have a machine lying in the living rooms. If you have limited space, then this is the best cardio machine.
- Product dimensions of 85.4 x 37 x 17.3 inches
- Has a shipping weight of 295 pounds
- Has a running surface of 22 by 60 inches
- Has an LCD of 7.5-inch
- Includes six standard, six custom, and two heart programs
- Includes a fan to facilitate airflow
- Sturdy and ergonomic treadmill
- The display guides you during a workout
- Ideal for homes with limited space
- Great quality that supports up to 375 pounds of weight
Check Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill click here
Other than a treadmill, exercise bikes are also ideal for cardio exercises. This Schwinn Airdyne Pro bike is hands down the best for low, medium, and high impact exercises.
If you’re worried about bikes due to the impact they can have on your knees, then this is your best bet. The saddle is also ergonomically built so that you don’t hurt your back while working out.
The bike is sturdy enough to support a weight of about 350 pounds without breaking down.
What’s more, is that the sturdiness and compactness of this cardio machine allow you to have it even in the smallest of spaces.
The Airdyne does give you an excellent upper body workout when you use hands alongside the peddles.
- Measures 55 x 26 x 53 inches and weighs 113 pounds
- Comes with Built-in HIIT programs to help you alternate your exercise routine
- Has a custom made 26 blade fan
- Sturdy and durable make
- Very quiet during a workout
- Can fit in a small space
- Comfortable to use and doesn’t hurt the joints
- Doesn’t have extra features like an LCD or music player
Check Schwinn Airdyne Pro Exercise Bike click here
Rowing is one of the best low impact cardio workouts utilizing all major muscle groups in the body.
It works all major muscle groups – your legs, core, back, shoulders, and arms.
Did you know that one hour of rowing could help you lose about 1,000 calories? Well, yes, you heard that right!
When considering a rowing machine, it’s possible to worry about storage but not anymore with this Concept2 model. The manufacturers had a home gym in mind because the machine can be split into two for easier storage. The machine is also easy to assemble as it has only eight screws that just anybody can put together.
The portability of this machine is further enhanced by the caster wheels that make it easy to move around. The Model D rowing machine has some variable air resistance making it ideal for any level of training from beginners to experts.
- Includes a USB flash drive
- The product measures 96 x 24 x 14 inches
- The rowing machine weighs 59.5 pounds
- Includes a user manual
- Comes with a performance Monitor computer
- Makes little to no noise while in use
- Best for a home gym with limited storage space
- It’s compatible with many fitness applications
- Sturdy equipment that can support up to 500 pounds of weight
- Some users find the fan to be noisy (Gentleman, its fan of a rower it’s supposed to make a little noise)
Check Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine click here
Steppers are the best low impact workouts that work the legs and target the glutes, especially for women. These machines are also super light and often occupy minimal space compared to other cardio machines for a home gym.
The Xiser Stairmaster is a leader in the space of cardio machines with its ergonomic design. The machine weighs only about 14 lbs making it easily portable. What’s more, is that the equipment is compact and doesn’t require any assembling.
- Measures L 21″ W 14″ H 4″
- Weighs about 14 lbs
- Easily portable
- Can fit in a small space
- Great quality thus durable
- Ideal for sprint training
- It’s easy to adjust the resistance during the workout
- Can produce some squeaking sound after some time
- Need frequent lubrication
Check Xiser Commercial Mini Stairmaster click here
Precor brand has earned a reputation for producing quality products for commercial and home use over the years.
This stair climber from Precor utilizes low friction and a self-powered generator system that guarantees you a smooth and quiet cardio workout at your home.
The Precor CLM 835 uses a pulley system that is not only durable but also requires no lubrication like the chain systems. The pulley system used to develop this stair climber also further enhances the smoothness of operation guaranteeing little to no noise.
- The product measures 47 x 32 x 69 inches
- The stair climber weighs 250 pounds
- Can hold a maximum weight of 350 pounds
- Has a step height 4-13 inches
- Comes with 14 workouts and 31 resistance levels
- Doesn’t make squeaking sounds while in use
- Durable thus giving value for money
- Has a heart rate monitor that helps you track your progress
- Many resistance levels making it ideal for beginners, intermediates, and experts
- Many workout programs giving you a variety to choose from
Check Precor CLM 835 Stair Climber click here
You don’t have to buy an exercise bike and an elliptical trainer while you can have both in one machine. Yes, you heard that right!
The Body Rider model from Body Max is suitable for use as a bike or as an elliptical trainer.
If you’re worried that it could be a sophisticated machine, then you don’t have to fret. With a simple turn of a knob, you can adjust the machine to your liking.
The other important feature with this cardio machine is that it’s a low friction machine and which makes it easy on your joints. Do you have arthritis or other joint problems? Then, this is your best exercise machine for your cardio.
Everyone wants to monitor their progress during exercise. Well, the Body Rider cardio machine has an electronic console that displays the speed, distance, time, and calories burned!
Body Rider is operated by the use of a blade flywheel system making it smooth to operate and the perfect cardio equipment for getting a cardio workout at home.
- Measures 48 x 28.5 x 59.5 inches
- Weighs 66 pounds
- Has a weight limit of 250 pounds
- Has an electronic display
- Easy to assemble
- It’s dual equipment serving as a bike and an elliptical machine
- Easy on joints
- A quality product that gives value for your money
- Limits users weighing more than 250 pounds
Check Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Exercise Bike click here
Do you want to burn calories while sitting watching TV or as you continue with your work at the office? The CharaHOME elliptical machine enables you to exercise your leg muscles right at the comfort of your living room.
The pedals of this machine can move both forward and backward, allowing you to workout at different angles. The compact size of this cardio machine allows you to place it anywhere at home or in the office, making your workout convenient.
This under desk stepper elliptical machine also has different levels of resistance to help you adjust your workout according to your capability. What’s more, is that it has a display that shows the number of strides done, distance covered, and time spent, and calories burnt.
The machine has very comfortable pedals that make it easy on the foot. Whether you prefer sitting or standing while exercising, the machine has an anti-slip mat at the bottom. The mat also protects your floor from damage.
- Package weighs 30.8 lbs
- Has a maximum load of 220 lbs
- The product measures 21.26x 13.98x 13.39 inch
- The footboard has a measurement of 13.78x 5.51 inch
- Has a display monitor
- Makes workout very convenient
- Easy to assemble
- Doesn’t make noise while in operation
- Easy on the feet
- Compact and easily portable
- Ideal for use in small spaces
- Has a weight load limit of 220 lbs
- Slides on hardwood
- The pedal motion is not smooth
- Makes squeaking noise
Check CharaHOME Under Desk Elliptical Machine click here
The Marcy Recumbent Bike is a stationary machine that utilizes a magnetic resistance mechanism. The machine has 8 resistance levels that you can easily adjust using the tension knobs depending on your capabilities.
A recumbent bike allows you to train your thighs, calves, and glute muscles with less strain compared to other cardio machines.
The wider and lower seat provides a higher degree of comfort to people who are overweight, have arthritis, or those who suffer from back pain as it offers a better spinal posture.
Another great feature that makes Marcy exercise bike a worth buy is the LCD computer screen. The screen displays distance, time, and calories burned during a workout. With this machine you aren’t left guessing how many calories you’ve lost, you can track your progress in real-time.
The saddle is made of high-density foam to support your body. The handles are also well insulated so that you don’t get blisters on your hands.
- Has an adjustable seat
- Has an LCD computer screen
- Pedals have safety straps
- The bike has transport wheels
- Measures 49.5″x25.5″x36.5″
- Weighs 54 lbs
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs
- Recumbent bikes are gentle on your joints
- Reclined body position making it a good choice for people with neurological conditions
- The seat is larger and comfortable
- You can adjust the pedal height to your preference
- The display doesn’t have a backlight so you can only read in a brightly lit room
Check Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike click here
Factors to Consider When Buying a Cardio Machine for Home Gym
Now that we already know some of the best cardio machines to buy for your home use, let’s look at the factors to consider when you finally decide to buy.
What are your fitness requirements?
Everyone is different, and what works for you might not work for another. Some equipment is ideal for specific reasons. For example, if you are overweight or you suffer from chronic back pain, an upright bike will only elevate your pain. A recumbent bike or a treadmill will be a better option for you.
If you want to do HIIT workouts a treadmill will any day be a better option.
Ease of use
Some machines are challenging to use, especially when you’re at home without a trainer to help around. Only buy the machine you know how to use probably from a gym or a tutorial. Otherwise, you may end up buying a machine that never gets used.
Availability of space
Admittedly, most home gyms have limited space. Before buying a cardio machine for your home gym, do measure your space and check the dimensions of the said machine first. The general rule of thumb is having enough space for the machine and leaving some space to move around during a workout.
- Is 30 minutes cardio workout enough?
According to research, a 30-minute workout is ideal for helping any overweight adult lose weight. The short time period gives the motivation to exercise with all the energy.
- Can you do cardio every day?
Experts recommend 30-60 minutes of cardio workout each day. However, it’s always advisable to slowly build up your training interval and overall volume.
- What exercise machine burns the most belly fat?
Belly fat is always a nuisance that we can all admit. The most effective machines to help lose belly fat are treadmills. Running on a treadmill is one of the best ways to burn calories and at the same time, lose weight.
In a nutshell, cardio workouts are great for your overall health. However, choosing the right cardio machine for your home gym can be daunting, especially with so many brands in the market.
My top pick for the best cardio machine for a home gym apart from Concept2 Model D Rowing machine is the Sole Fitness F80 treadmill.
Besides, treadmills are the best machines if you want to lose weight fast during cardio. Read through all our other recommendations on cardio machines hopefully you get something that works for your needs.
All the best in your purchase!